Sunday 2 March 2014

CHALLENGE RESULTS - A FINE ROMANCE

As I'm sure you will have already seen we have had 30 beautiful entries linked in to our February Challenge spot, which you can view again HERE.  Daniele was in charge this time and has picked her 5, who will each receive a CI stamp of their choice.  Many thanks to all of you who entered and as always it was a very difficult decision Daniele had to make - if your project appears below please email us at: info@craftyindividuals.co.uk with your address and choice of stamp, so that we can get them sent out poste haste.

Fisher's Cards and Crafts:


Meggy's Way:


SYLWIA - eR:


Made by Myra:


Creating Cards:


Lovely!

.....

I got a bit behind this Challenge and hadn't quite managed to display all the team inspirational images by the end of February, but I am delighted to now show you a creatively stitched step by step by Gio with a truly romantic theme..

Materials:
Crafty Individuals CI-293 - 'Floral Circle'

Crafty Individuals CI-402 - 'Just Be My Friend'
C&T Publishing Must Haves - Lesley Riley's 'TAP'
Distress Inks 


Steps:

- Stamp with Archival Ink the main image from  the CI-402 - 'Just Be My Friend'  plate on a piece of  Lesley Riley's 'TAP'
- Colour the image with Distress Inks using a waterbrush
- Stamp randomly two pieces of white fabric using CI-293 - 'Floral Circle'  stamp and Distress Inks
- Cut it out and transfer the image on one piece of the fabric with a hot iron (TIP: Keep the peel off to use as a mask)
- Cut in strips the second piece of fabric
- Glue the stamped image on a white card
- Stitch the strips to the card along with lace and ribbon pieces
- Stamp on fabric, cut and glue  the sentiment from the same plate
 


And here are the photos to help guide you:







 And the finished card...



Thanks Gio!

Whilst on the subject of the stamp used above - the new issue of Craft Stamper is out now (and will be on our website tomorrow to purchase), and this particular stamp (CI-402) is the subject of a stamping contrasts feature within.  It is always so fascinating to see how many different looks can be achieved with one rubber stamp - making them such a great crafty investment!

My final very pretty romantic images for this evening are by Helen, featuring CI-346 and CI-377 and are enhanced with the use of Gelatos for colouring..





Goodnight all, back soon,

Jean x

 

11 comments:

ionabunny said...

Hi Jean, fantastic projects. Love the TAP one. Congrats to all the lucky winners

Anonymous said...

Bravo to all five winners!
Gio's fabric card is fabulous, Jean, you know how much I love TAP so wonderful to see it in this step-by-step.
Wishes
Lynne

Glennis F said...

Thank you so much for choosing me as one of the winners. I am about to send an email with my choice

rachel said...

ooo thankyou so much for choosing my card - I'm a very happy bunny! Will have a browse of the catalogue later and let you know which glorious stamp I would like ...... I think I already know but best to check it out! Thanks again xx

Craftyfield said...

Love Gio's fabric project, it's such a nice stamp too.

Sylwia-eR said...

Thank you : ))) I am so happy!!!

nate said...

un grand bravo !!! félicitations a toutes vos cartes si différentes étaient superbes
ravies d avoir participer
à bientôt nate

Meggymay said...

Thank you for choosing my tag, I am thrilled to bits, now what to choose for my stamp.
Gio's TAP project is inspiring.

Redanne said...

Well done to the winners, so pleased to see Rachel among them! Anne x

Cocofolies said...

At first congrats to the winners, well deserved as regards to their gorgeous makes!! And next, wow, thank you Gio for this fab step-by-step and card, this is really lovely! Love also the makes by Helen, and I'm really looking forward to receive my next Craft Stamper magazine Jean :) Hugs, Coco xxx

nefertiti said...

Congrats to all the winners!!!!
Great work Gio and Helen!!!!
Bizz