Tuesday 17 January 2017

CLAY BAKES...

Just a quickie from me today, with a few clay bakes (inspired by Flo) to display.  I made these last week with Sculpey and Fimo - the sort of clay you bake at home in your oven.  Designed to be pendants or buttons, I am really enjoying playing around with the clay, and have been wearing this one on a memory wire round my neck and it looks great (well I would say that now wouldn't I, lol?)....


.... and this double dangly one on a thong.....


The first was stamped in Archival black ink with CI-347, with the addition of a section of CI-017 just making an appearance around the edges.  After it was baked I added the colour with Paper Artsy paints and a very fine brush, then applied a little bit of gold wax here and there with my finger.  If you lose a bit of the black line definition during painting you can re draw it in with a fineliner black pen.  I then used a Versamark pad and clear ultra thick embossing powder to give it a lovely depth of colour and shine.  The second was given a similar treatment using CI-001.  In both cases I used a pointy tool to make the holes after stamping and before baking.

I now have the following, decorated with bits of CI-443 and baked, ready to emboss and then make into pendants or use as buttons....



Thanks for joining me this evening, and do get that clay out again and give it a go!!

Back soon,

Jean x

15 comments:

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Wow, your clay jewels are really delicious! The stamps and the embossing give them a fabulous look! Such a clever idea! Love all them, expecially the first one with the butterflies and the gold touch of wax! Great works of art!

Jane said...

So beautiful. Great jewellery x

Joanna Wiśniewska said...

Stunning makes! Love them all.
Joanna

Jannet said...

They are all so Beautiful! My favourite is the butterfly

Craftyfield said...

Brilliant, this just gave me an idea.... I haven't got Fimo clay but I do have air dry clay that I could use to make card embellishments with! Love Flo's use of gold and turquoise colours, gorgeous!

Flo Langley said...

These look fantastic Jean. Stunning results with the jewellery. CI443 is such a great stamp to use in clay. I have used that one recently as well. Love all the embellishments. All Stocked up with clay from the pound shop so hopefully I can have a play with it some more this weekend. Really inspired by the jewellery. Really want to have a go at making some now.
Hugs Flo x

Alison said...

Love these beauties Jean! All inspired now!
Alison x

Gerrina said...

They look beutiful! And great that you inspire eachother! Keep warm and make ik colourful!

Pat said...

What great results with the clay Jean and really beautiful jewellery. x

Sid said...

Fab designs Jean, loving the almost glazed pottery look !

Dortesjs said...

waue love love faboules design

cuilliesocks said...

Absolutely beautiful jewellery, the colours and images are so pretty, Kate x

Cocofolies said...

Wonderful jewellery Jean, really exquisite pieces, WOW.
I have to try the technique too.. What you and Flo have made is so stunning and gorgeous!!!
I will do it as soon as I can... Must check before what I have as clay materials however, and if it is not totally dry! I fear it is the case :)
Coco xx
PS: Your envelope is almost ready, it should be on your way before Satursday! ^^

Jackie PNeal said...

Absolutely love the double dangle-y one!! So clever Jean!
thank you for the inspiration! xx

nefertiti/Sylvie said...

Lovely work Jean!!!Love this technique with clay!
Hugs,
Sylvie